A New Perspective

A New Perspective
A New Perspective on BroBlogs

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Good bloggers probably have a notepad somewhere where they outline what they are about to write. Me, I just wing it. I sit down in front of this computer and type--straight stream of conscience--and I am sure it shows. So this post is no different. I thought, I should write about New Year Resolutions, but I actually haven't resolved to do anything yet, I am just going to make it up as I go.

1. Leave work earlier

Do I stay at the office too late? Yes. I don't get paid overtime, and sometimes I work late into the night and the next morning solely because there is nothing waiting for me at home. Once I am there until 9, I am not going to make it home before the grocery store closes, and it has been dark out since 4 pm, so what is the point? Second part of this resolution: Avoid the office on the weekend. I am going to stop coming in to "get ahead" when I don't have any deadlines to meet so I can try to enjoy myself a bit more.

2. 24 Trips to the gym

Who am I kidding? Do I have a gym membership? Sure. I have been 6 times in the six months I have had it. My goal: Double that number. One trip every other week. And if I manage to get on some sort of schedule, I could hit this resolution within a month :) I am hoping the summer will make things a little easier. And hey, I am planning on playing basketball tonight, but not at the gym, so I won't count it.

3. Try to cook more for myself / Watch what I eat

www.Pizza.de is where I order my food most of the time. High in carbs, high in calories. I am going to try to make more food myself. Buying the pasta, meat, and seasonings and tossing them together. I figure this should help with portion control (since I lack the ability to not eat everything I order) and should keep me from downing entire pints of Häagendazs at work.

4. Get out more

My goal is to make 5 new friends, and find one that will end up being a really good friend in the years to come. For this, I figure I need to get out more. This is kind of hard because I am tied to my blackberry and often work a very unpredictable schedule, but, in keeping with my first resolution, there are always the weekends when I should be able to make a few hours of time, sometime.

5. Learn another language

I am going to try to spend an hour or two a week learning a different language. Shouldn't be all that terrible. In fact, it should be quite enjoyable. I think I will choose Spanish, and I will plan a couple weekend getaways to Spain and see how things improve.

2 comments:

  1. those are some good goals... Another language?? you're goin to know like 6 languages before you know it:) So paul and I are working on cutting soda. we only get it on special occasions, out to eat (which is once in a blue moon) or once a week... so far so good. paul's not to happy about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine! I have switched to Coke Zero if that is any consolation. Paul loves his Mtn. Dew, not to mention the occasional Pepsi or Dr. Pepper.

    I was just thinking about calling that boy today. It is crazy how time is just flying by! You'll be out of Philly before you know it.

    ReplyDelete