Look at that. This is me after my first big day on the film set here at Freshfields. I know what you are thinking, but let me just straighten things out by saying I was wearing a wig all morning so my hair doesn't always look like that.After having lived in Utah it has been somewhat of a shock moving out here to Germany and working with a bunch of people who don't really know what it means to "volunteer," or to "help out," or "take one for the team." As such, I have been doing an awful lot of "picking up the slack." I have been here a month and already I have been on more recruiting calls, student conferences, committees, and who knows what else than I would have imagined. And why? Because I am a sucker for the begging and pleading of the office management and recruiting teams that are doing their best to make this law firm run well.
What is the latest project that needed some assistance you ask? Movie making. Freshfields is making a movie to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the merger with Bruckhaus Deringer in Germany, and they needed a star. Are Germans terrible actors? Yes. Is it funny to try and see them act and try to speak English? Yes. Do they think that very simple things I say with an English accent are hilarious? Yes. And so it started. I play an English lawyer named Sir Benjamin, and apparently, I am hilarious. Today I improvised a summersault slash cartwheel across the negotiation table and they loved it! Loved it. And then when I took my british wig off and chucked it across the room these people couldn't get enough...
Day one is done. Can't wait to get back at it in the morning.
UPDATE. Here is a scene from day 2:

Funny Yank! And one question, did you purposely fix your shirt and tie that way to make you appear more disheveled?
ReplyDeleteThat was totally candid. One take Mckay. I think I just undid my button because I was getting tired.
ReplyDeletehahah this is hilarious, I'd die to see some footage... you making some money off your skills?
ReplyDeleteI am still getting my annual salary, but it is a lot more fun than billing hours! I took a picture of Martin today, I will post it on up!
ReplyDelete